Three Rivers Golf Association Policies
Effective January 1, 2018
- All players must submit membership form and be approved for membership by TRGA.
- TRGA reserves the right to refuse membership privileges to any player based upon
previous incidents or (history of) matters concerning player conduct and/or etiquette.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Both male and female amateur and professional players are eligible. Professional status pays 80% cash.
Fees / Requirements
- Players must fully complete TRGA membership form.
- Must Pay Season Membership Fee of $25 prior to playing in any event.
- Player entry fee is $40 per event for all entrants who are not members of the host course. ($30 for members of host course.)
- Entry fees and forms must be received by TRGA 4 days prior to tournament weekend.
TRGA fees and forms can be mailed to the TRGA OFFICE at:
- TRGA/P.O. Box 505/Onalaska, WI 54650
- OR dropped off at the TRGA drop box at Forest Hills Golf Course in La Crosse, WI
- Power carts limited to first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations handled through host course.
- Dress Code: Proper golfing attire required. Metal spikes not allowed.
- Tournament Committee and Executive Board reserve the right to refuse or disqualify any player who does not meet tournament criteria or behaves in a manner unbecoming of a golfer.
- Electronic measuring devices allowed as long as device ONLY measures DISTANCE.
Ten (10) regular-season 18-hole stroke-play tournaments and one (1) post-season 36-hole stroke-play tournaments will be held.
Regular Season Format / Rules
Each tournament will normally consist of six (6) flights: Men's Championship, First, Second, Third, Men's Gold and Women's Flighted.
Flighting for all TRGA tournaments is based on each player's current TRGA Index. The TRGA Index is calculated and kept
current using the USGA formula. All players must also maintain a USGA Index. A NEW TRGA PLAYER will be flighted based
on current USGA Index UNTIL the new player has posted three (3) TRGA rounds. The committee may use the USGA Index for
Any male player with an index of 4.0 or less must play in Men's Championship flight. To compete in Men's Gold a player
must have an index of 18.0 or higher. The remaining players will be divided evenly among First, Second and Third flights.
Male players can declare Championship Flight regardless of index. Women will play at 75% of their index.
- Hosted by Forest Hills Golf Club (18) and The La Crosse Country Club (18).
- 36-Hole Stroke Play
- To qualify player must compete in MINIMUM of THREE (3) regular-season events.
- Limited to a field of 120 players.
To qualify, a player must compete in a MINIMUM of Three (3) TRGA regular-season events.
Player-of-the-Year Awards will be calculated based on a player's BEST FOUR (4) regular-season finishes.
Player-of-the-Year categories are: Men's Championship, Men's Flighted and Women's Flighted.
Regular Season Points will be awarded based on the following formula:
- Points will double for the 36-hole Season Championship. (ie: 1st Place=36 points, 2nd Place=30 points).
Policy for Immediate Course Evaluation
The TRGA continues to work to assure that quality tournament conditions exist for the players throughout our calendar of events.
TRGA Tournament Policies and Procedure guidelines are regularly reviewed to ensure that all events on our schedule meet and
maintain the highest standards of preparedness and member/customer service. This periodic review is necessary to maintin the
quality of ALL competitive events on the TRGA schedule and to provide TRGA members with a guarantee of value for their time,
money and effort in support of our Association.
TRGA Items of Emphasis
Speed of play
Golf course marking and overall condition
Availability and quality of player materials (Hole location sheet, local rules, etc.)
Amount of quality merchandise available to redeem gift certificates
TRGA Tournament sites will be provided with a copy of these revised policies as needed
TRGA Tournament sites will be provided with a copy of these revised policies and procedures as changes are implemented.